Find job oppportunities
An insight in your professional opportunities worldwide
Find job opportunities
Who is hiring and what kind of opportunities are available in the field of Transportation Sciences? Thinking about a professional career abroad?
Look no further! This community also offers you an insight in your professional opportunities in your area of expertise. Keep an eye on our feed!
Important notice regarding the course 'Internship'
The internship/traineeship opportunities listed here are assembled by students, alumni and other members of the TSN-platform. They offer alumni the chance of a (first) work experience or an opportunity for a student job next to your studies (e.g. during the summer months).
The listed traineeships/internships do not necessarily fit into the course Internship that is part of the curriculum of the Master of Transportation Sciences/master mobiliteitswetenschappen. They might not be suitable due to the content, the duration or the timing. Academic internships that are part of the curriculum need to take place during the defined internship period in the Fall semester and the topic needs to be suitable and approved before the deadline set by the internship coordinators. In case of doubt, you can ask the internship coordinators to check the suitability.
Transportation Sciences Network is Recruiting
The Transportation Sciences Network is recruiting new volunteer team members. These positions are unpaid but you will a receive a certificate that shows you worked with us. We're working on building the community and creating interesting events and opportunities for dialogue for members. We're looking for people passionate about transport who want to work with us. If this sounds like you get in touch! Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Open positions include
- Community lead
- Social media lead
- Events planning lead
- Open to solicitation
Activate Support Internship Impact Hub Amsterdam
We are looking for someone who is comfortable with flexibility and change, supporting the execution of a series of events and workshops, research on our ecosystems (food, fashion, inclusion and circularity), and comfortable to assist in the sourcing of organisations that would benefit from our offerings.
If you want to change the status quo and business as usual, join our unique impact ecosystem and get on board – let’s ACTIVATE change together!
The profile we're looking for:
- Proactive, responsible & impact driven
- Interested in business and sustainability
- Flexible and motivated by a changing environment
- Innovative & sales focussed
- A natural organiser with Project Management skills and an eye for detail
- Proficient in English & Dutch (please only apply if BOTH your English AND Dutch is either native/advanced level)
- HBO – WO study
- Available from March 2021
- For 3-4 days/ week (can be negotiated) for a minimum of 5 months
Please send your motivation letter and CV with the subject; Activate Support Internship before 23 February 2021 to email@example.com. We will hold interviews on Friday 26th February.
Short-term positions at The World Bank
A list with short term opportunities at WB located in several countries of the world. Deadlines and selection criteria vary for each opening.
Road Safety Consultant for Latin America. This consultancy aims to provide road safety support in Latin America under BIGRS through a series of activities. Experience in providing capacity building to government agencies, with a focus on road safety; English and Spanish proficiency is mandatory. Respective link: https://wbappse.worldbank.org/gmsapps/WorldBankJobsWeb/pages/default.as…
Short-Term Consultancy, based in Bamako, Mali - Member of Geo-Enabling team for Monitoring and Supervision (GEMS) - Fluency in French as well as advanced GIS skills required. Respective link: https://wbappse.worldbank.org/gmsapps/WorldBankJobsWeb/pages/default.as…
For further detailed information and for other available vacancies click on the link below.
Research Associate in Computer Vision for Autonomous Vehicles
SnT is a leading international research and innovation centre in secure, reliable and trustworthy ICT systems and services. We play an instrumental role in Luxembourg by fueling innovation through research partnerships with industry, boosting R&D investments leading to economic growth, and attracting highly qualified talent.
We offer an attractive Research Associate (Postdoctoral) position in close cooperation with our industrial partner Civil Maps.
Fixed term contract of 24 months.
- PhD degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related programs
- Proven experience computer vision: Structure from Motion (SfM), Stereo Vision, Visual SLAM, Visual (Inertial) Odometry
- Machine learning, esp. deep learning, applied to visual recognition or understanding, e.g. object recognition and localization, semantic segmentation, scene understanding, etc.
- Large-scale content-based image or video retrieval
- Prior experience in pose estimation, probabilistic filtering, and/or nonlinear optimization
- Strong publication record and/or proven track record of delivering solid technologies or products in above areas is a large plus
- Solid knowledge in fundamental algorithms and data structures
- Programming proficiency in Python and C++
- Passion for R&D and technical excellence, self-motivated, strong problem analysis and solving skills
- Language Skills: Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English are required
Applications should be submitted online and include:
Full CV, including contact details of three referees, Cover letter, Transcript of all modules and results from university-level courses taken and Certifications, if any.
All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
For more information on how to apply click on the link below:
Transport Planner: Car Free Cities
Salary: £27,623 pro rata for a new graduate - £35,426 for a candidate with 4-5y professional experience (includes London weighting).
Contract: 20 months (with possibility of extension), 0.8-1 FTE (4 to 5 days per week). Exact working hours negotiable.
Location: Our physical office is in London but you can be based anywhere within easy reach of London, Leeds, Birmingham, Bristol, York or Bath provided you are able to work from home. You will be required to travel occasionally between these cities for events and site visits (expenses paid). You must have the right to work in the UK. Unfortunately we’re not able to support work visa applications.
Application process: application form and then two interview rounds (more on this below), interviews expected to be held between 22nd and 30th March.
Closing date: 9am GMT, 15th March 2021
Contact for questions: Leo Murray - Director of Innovation: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information click on the link below:
Consultant - Road Safety and Urban Transport, Sustainable Cities
World Resources Institute (WRI) is an independent, non-profit global research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity and human well-being. Our work focuses on building sustainable and livable cities and working towards a low carbon economy.
WRI India is looking for a bright & hardworking urban designer to join our Road Safety & Urban Transport team to be based in Dhaka.
Required Attributes and Credentials:
- Post-graduation in the field of Urban Design/planning and graduation in Architecture.
- 3-5 years of work experience in road safety /city design/street design. Familiar with design of roads, intersections considering pedestrian and vehicular safety aspects etc.
- Proficiency in quantitative and qualitative data analysis is a requirement.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Adobe Photoshop, InDesign/illustrator, MS Office and 3d modelling software is a requirement.
- Efficient to work on working drawings and construction details.
- Inclined towards sustainability, place making and citizen engagement.
- Familiarity with specific needs of the vulnerable road users.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to present complex information in a clear and concise manner, think creatively, work calmly and enthusiastically under high pressure.
- Good writing and communication skills.
- Basic proficiency in English along with local language be an advantage
Duration: 12 Months
Salary and Benefits:Salary shall be commensurate with experience and skills. WRI offers a generous and comprehensive benefits package.
For further information on how to apply click on the link below:
Internship Assistant Category Manager
BESIX Group is a leading multidisciplinary Belgian Group, operating in construction, real estate development and concessions.
BESIX is looking for an intern to assist its Category Managers within its Procurement & Logistics Department.
The main objective of the internship is to support one or two Category Managers in the implementation of their strategy for their global or European category.
- You want to do an internship in the No.1 construction company in Belgium.
- You are currently student in a Bachelor or Master Degree in Purchasing, Logistics, Supply Chain or equivalent.
- Your internship period must be at least 6 weeks full-time.
- This internship requires a good understanding of English on top of either French or Dutch.
- You are motivated, dynamic and you want to give your all to acquire a first professional experience within an innovative company.
For further information please click on the link below:
Sprint Transport is there for all your transport. From 1 box to 20 Euro pallets, from 1 kg to 9 tons. Both nationally and internationally. Specialized in distribution and just-in-time delivery. When things have to go fast, they like to sprint!
To facilitate the growth of the company, Sprint Transport is looking for a logistics planner.
- You preferably have a bachelor's degree in logistics, or you can already present some nice work experiences.
- You know the ins and outs of transport legislation
- You easily use your communication skills and you are systematic.
- You are resistant to stress: you respond quickly to unforeseen circumstances
You will find yourself in a customer-oriented, ambitious environment where personal development is central. In addition to a permanent contract, Sprint Transport offers a competitive salary, depending on the experience you already gained. Help write a growth story where you, as a planner, take on an important operational function.
Please see link below for more information:
PHD Position at the University of New South Wales
Using street-level imagery data and machine learning for measuring urban footpath network attributes.
We strongly encourage applications from women and ethnic minorities in Australia and internationally.
The successful PHD candidate will receive an annual stipend of $28,597 AUD for 3.5 years.
- Accredited degree in Computer Science, engineering, physics, mathematics, or operations research. Applicants with master's degree in computer science and relevant experience in Al, deep learning and machine learning are preferred.
- Experience in imagery data analysis.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Applicants with previous peer-reviewed journal publications are preferred.
How To Apply:
Please email your CV to Dr Meead Saberi (email@example.com) if you are interested.
Application is open until a suitable candidate is recruited.
Junior Sustainability Consultant - Green Building
Metabolic’s mission is to transition the global economy to a fundamentally sustainable State. We advise governments, businesses, and NGOs on how to adapt to a fast-changing global context. Combining systems thinking and data science, we map and understand local and global systems to assess where to intervene and develop solutions that can dramatically shift how the economy functions.
- What are you going to do?
In this role, you will support our team through research, quantitative analysis, and impact assessment as well as integrating sustainability measures in building designs either independently or as part of a wider consortium.
We are looking for someone with…
- Fluency in English & Dutch is required
- Willing to grow into a project manager role and take on responsibilities within a year
- Passionate about social and environmental issues in the built environment
- Thorough understanding of the built environment and sustainable architectural development processes
- Must have a foundation of knowledge in the circular economy and systems thinking
- Should be knowledgeable on relevant topics in the (re)development of buildings and urban areas, such as circular design, energy transition, and climate adaptation
- Engineering way of thinking with at least a basic understanding of mechanics, thermodynamics, and flow physics, to be able to quickly calculate efficiencies, buffer sizes, or space requirements for clean-tech solutions
- Experience with determining the circular performance of materials and building systems, and buildings, f.e. calculating the embodied impact of materials, MPG, reuse potential of products, or recycled content of buildings
- Able to calculate business cases and reflect on the innovation of business models
- Able to translate analyses into concrete advice or actionable deliverable
- 1-2 working experience preferred.
For more information click on the link below:
Entry Level Transportation Consultant
Our North American team is actively seeking high-caliber individuals with a good academic background, strong people and organization skills and a passion for changing the world! Working in a full-time role, you will immediately become involved in real project and proposal work from day one.
What will you do?
- Participate in a multidisciplinary team to tackle complex transport and city planning problems;
- Complete research, analyze data, generate and evaluate options to identify solutions for our clients;
- Support consultation on ideas with the client, stakeholders and the public;
- Perform quantitative analysis to support a range of transport business cases, policy, and strategy projects using Excel, modelling and analytical applications;
- Report writing to document analysis, evaluation and project outcomes;
- Support proposal/business development effort
What we look for?
- Passionate about transportation and behavior change;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office;
- Strong analytical, writing and communication skills;
- Highly motivated, proactive and a critical thinker;
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills;
- Ability to learn quickly and be willing to solve problems involving new situations;
- Transportation-related work or research experience is an asset.
Closing date for applications is March 14, 2021. Office locations include Boston, Los Angeles, New York, Toronto, Vancouver, Washington D.C.
For more information click on the link below:
Senior Officer, Road Safety Projects
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world's largest humanitarian organization, with 192 member National Societies. As part of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, our work is guided by seven fundamental principles; humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality.
This role works as part of the GRSP team, under the direction of the Manager, Road Safety Projects, to coordinate and deliver the Botnar Child Road Safety Challenge (BCRSC) in selected priority countries. This includes relationship building and maintenance, grant negotiation, and programme monitoring and evaluation with in-country stakeholders.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Botnar Child Road Safety Challenge (BCRSC) programme coordination
- Serve as the primary coordinator of the implementation of the BCRSC in a designated set of countries;
- Provide expert technical support and guidance on child road safety and broader road safety issues to civil society, National Societies, government agencies, and private organisations to support implementation of the BCRSC in a designated set of countries;
- Support the implementation of city-based projects by GRSP grantees under the BCRSC;
- Contribute to the development of training resources and guidance for use by grantees under the BCRSC;
- Contribution to the design and implementation of regular in-country workshops to build capacity of grantees and other partners;
- Provide guidance, support and advice to potential grantees under the Botnar CRSC on the development of proposals to secure funding to undertake evidence-based road safety projects;
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of research, trends and practices in global road safety, with a particular focus on child road safety
- University degree in road safety, policy development, international development, injury prevention, public health, or related area.
- At least 5 years working in the specialist area of road safety or injury prevention;
- Experience working with agencies to develop road safety interventions, including evaluation methods.
For more information click on the link below:
Consultant in electromobility & sustainable transport policy
Become part of a joint project from GIZ, World Resources Institute (WRI), the International Council for Clean Transportation (ICCT), International Transport Forum (ITF), Partnership for Sustainable Low Carbon Transport (SLOCAT), Agora Verkehrswende and REN21 and support us countries in the design of multi-actor processes to develop climate strategies and the development of capacities for the implementation of concrete climate protection measures in the transport sector such as sustainable electric mobility.
- Technical support from and cooperation with GIZ teams in China, India and Vietnam as well as advice to Asian ministries on the development of climate policies in the transport sector, electromobility (roadmaps, funding strategies, technical issues) and emission scenarios
- Implementation of virtual regional stakeholder dialogues on climate protection in transport
- Coordination between the project partners and identification of synergies between country-specific and regional activities
- Representation of the project as a technical expert (e.g. towards political partners)
- Cross-sectional tasks such as event and knowledge management as well as network maintenance for e-mobility in Germany and internationally
- Completed university degree in traffic, engineering, environmental sciences, climate policy or geography
- Several years of professional experience in the field of sustainable transport, transport policy and electromobility
- Experience in international projects, first professional experience in Asia is an advantage
- Several years of professional experience in project management
- Teamwork, vigor and willingness to change, high level of self-motivation and resourcefulness
- Business fluency in German and English, knowledge of other foreign languages is an advantage
For more information please click on the link below:
DIRECTOR, URBAN EFFICIENCY AND CLIMATE
Position can be based in the following WRI Ross Center International Offices: Brazil (Porto Alegre, Sao Paulo), China (Beijing), India (New Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore), Mexico (Mexico City), Turkey (Istanbul) or United States (Washington-DC).
This position is remote due to Covid-19, but you will be based at one of our above mentioned WRI’s offices once restrictions have lifted.
Your work will consist of these three categories with equal emphasis across each:
Strategic Vision and Approach
- In partnership with international office teams, represent the WRI Ross Center approach on urban efficiency and climate through direct engagement and interaction with cities, national governments and other global actors
- Define a strategic approach to integrate net zero carbon buildings, electric mobility, and inclusive climate and energy planning – supported by urban finance and data & tools – in partnership with other Executive Team members, drawing upon the program’s expertise and tools
- Contribute to defining metrics and developing tools that support a strategic approach for cities to support countries to ratchet-up NDCs in 2020 and beyond
- Facilitate effective annual project planning by fostering collaboration and integration of core offers
- Represent the work stream on the WRI Ross Center Executive Team
- Master’s degree in environment, urban planning, energy or climate (or bachelor's degree with addition 2 years of relevant experience)
- Minimum of 15 years of relevant full-time work experience of which a minimum of 8 years is experience developing and growing inclusive and equitable urban programs, large-scale projects, innovative business models, and/or new products and services
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a team, as well as supervising and mentoring a team
- Demonstrated team spirit with excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-disciplinary environment with staff and external stakeholders at all levels, demonstrating the ability to respond and deal effectively with diverse situations using good judgment, tact, and diplomacy
- Ability and aptitude to pursue several tasks in parallel; prioritize; handle tight deadlines; and expand the scope of work and responsibilities as needed
For more information please click on the link below:
Lead Technical Author – ASEAN Sustainable Urbanisation
The United Nations Human Settlements Programme, UN-Habitat, is the agency for human settlements and sustainable urbanisation. It is mandated by the United Nations General Assembly to promote socially and environmentally sustainable towns and cities with the goal of providing adequate shelter for all.
he Consultant is responsible for development of the Report on the State of Urbanisation in ASEAN (the “Report”). The tasks include:
Report Technical Development
- Review ASUS Framework, Agenda 2030 and the New Urban Agenda documents to ensure that Report approach is in accordance with the Master Plan on ASEAN Connectivity (MPAC) 2025;
- Conduct literature review, including on previous State of Urbanisation, State of Cities, World Cities Reports ensuring alignment and linkages with the Report;
- Conduct literature review of country-level ‘state of the cities’ reports, especially those published by ASEAN member states or national including relevant sectoral organisations in ASEAN member states; Review urban dimensions of national reports and development plans on key sectors.
- Define the Report outline and structure and objectives in agreement with the Capacity and Data development Analyst and Project Team Leader;
- Define data requirement in alignment with the Capacity and Data development Analyst;
- Assess the status of sustainable urbanisation in ASEAN with a focus on ASUS 6 areas and its 18 sub-areas;
- Conduct comparative analysis of urbanisation in ASEAN and other regions, particularly on the 7 ASUS priority sub-areas in collaboration with the Capacity and Data development Analyst;
Meetings and Consultations Coordination
- Coordinate the set-up and leading the operations of a Technical Working Group co-chaired by ASEAN Connectivity Division and UN-Habitat Regional Office for Asia and the Pacific for the purposes of preparing and agreeing upon an overarching structure for the Report on the State of Urbanisation in ASEAN;
- Coordinate participatory and consultative processes with UN-Habitat Country Offices, Regional Office for Asia and the Pacific and Headquarter relevant branches to ensure alignment with UN-Habitat methodologies and relevant initiatives;
Work Planning, Monitoring and Reporting
- Develop a work plan, milestones, consultation process and consultation arrangements and agreements, and ensure regular updating and reporting thereof
- Regular monitoring of all project activities to ensure a high quality of outputs being delivered within the agreed upon time frame;
Please find more information on the link below:
Title: Multimodal data wrangling for Real-time IoT-based Urban Emergency Response Systems.
d-real seeks applications from talented graduates to join our exciting PhD training programme. As part of this application you will be asked to complete five sections:
- This section which includes your Personal Details
- Academic Track Record, including details of your Bachelor’s and (optionally) Master’s degrees
- Further Track Record, including details on other education, research achievements, technical skills/achievements and work experience
- Personal Statement, which allows you to describe your motivation for pursuing a PhD degree in digitally-enhanced reality (Max 3000 characters)
- PhD Topic Preferences, where you will be asked to rank your preferred PhD proposal(s). Details of available topics may be found here
Each student who is admitted to this programme will receive a full scholarship to undertake a four year structured PhD programme. This scholarship comprises full payment of university fees for four years and a tax-free stipend of €18,500 per annum for four years. In addition, a generous budget for conference travel, equipment, training, placement maintenance and publication costs is provided.
Click on the link below to get more information:
Intern - Botnar Safer Mobility for Youth, WRI India
WRI India, an independent charity legally registered as the India Resources Trust, provides objective information and practical proposals to foster environmentally sound and socially equitable development. WRI India’s mission is to move human society to live in ways that protect Earth’s environment and its capacity to provide for the needs and aspirations of current and future generations.
WRI India is looking for a candidate to assist in the delivery of the Safer Mobility for Youth project in Rohtak, Haryana.
The candidate will undertake and oversee specific responsibilities as are listed below:
- Coordinate outreach efforts on behalf of program/projects
- Coordination with the local administration, police, engineering departments, and other government offices/departments involved in road safety.
- Assist in primary data collection, compilation, analysis and visualization.
- Preparation of necessary drawings, reports, presentations, graphics, etc.
- Assistance in conducting surveys and other project activities with youth.
- Assistance in conducting community awareness, capacity building programs and workshops.
- Assistance in documentation of project activities with different stakeholders of the project.
- Assist the team in timely delivery of activities as outlined in the project.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 0-1 year of experience working in the field of Urban/Transport Planning or Urban Design or similar fields.
- Bachelors’ Degree (or higher) in Architecture or Planning and master’s degree (pursuing) in the field of Urban/Transport Planning or Urban Design.
- Proficiency in English and Hindi is a must. (Reading and Writing)
- Proficiency in MS Office and AutoCAD is must.
- Working knowledge of Adobe suite and GIS is preferred.
- General awareness of road safety will be preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are required.
Please click on the link below for further information:
10 Early Stage Researcher (ESR) positions
The TOD-IS-RUR consortium offers 10 Early Stage Researcher (ESR) positions, with starting dates 01/09/2021 and 01/10/2021. TOD-IS-RUR is looking for talented and motivated candidates with the skills, knowledge, and enthusiasm to help the Innovative Training Network (ITN) make significant research contributions to the scientific and societal challenge of countering sprawl in Europe.
- The guaranteed PhD funding is for 36 months (i.e., EC funding). In line with university regulations and following a positive evaluation, the host institution may provide additional funding for a maximum of 12 months to complete a doctoral degree.
- ESRs are offered a competitive salary, plus allowances. Moreover, funding is available for technical and personal skills training and participation in international research events.
- ESRs will benefit from the designed training program offered by the hosting organizations and the TOD-IS-RUR consortium.
- ESRs will participate actively in international secondments to other organizationts within the TOD-IS-RUR network and in outreach activities targeted at a broad audience.
- You have outstanding academic records.
- You are interested in interdisciplinary research and have strong analytical skills.
- You are quality-oriented, conscientious, creative and a team player.
- You have strong communication skills.
- Language proficiency: excellent use of English is essential (C1 level minimum). Knowledge of the respective local language (B2 level or more) is required; if necessary, language courses will be offered by the project partners.
- Master students in their final year may apply. Final selection under the condition of showing transcripts of their master’s degree in July (15th at the latest).
The closing date for applications is 29 March 2021.
Please click on the link below for more information: