Internships & job opportunities for professionals in transportation sciences.
Find job opportunities
Who is hiring and what kind of opportunities are available in the field of Transportation Sciences? Thinking about a professional career abroad?
Look no further! This community also offers you an insight in your professional opportunities in your area of expertise. Keep an eye on our feed!
Important notice regarding the course 'Internship'
The internship/traineeship opportunities listed here are assembled by students, alumni and other members of the TSN-platform. They offer alumni the chance of a (first) work experience or an opportunity for a student job next to your studies (e.g. during the summer months).
The listed traineeships/internships do not necessarily fit into the course Internship that is part of the curriculum of the Master of Transportation Sciences/master mobiliteitswetenschappen. They might not be suitable due to the content, the duration or the timing. Academic internships that are part of the curriculum need to take place during the defined internship period in the Fall semester and the topic needs to be suitable and approved before the deadline set by the internship coordinators. In case of doubt, you can ask the internship coordinators to check the suitability.
Transportation Sciences Network is Recruiting
The Transportation Sciences Network is recruiting new volunteer team members. These positions are unpaid but you will a receive a certificate that shows you worked with us. We're working on building the community and creating interesting events and opportunities for dialogue for members. We're looking for people passionate about transport who want to work with us. If this sounds like you get in touch! Fill out this form and we'll get back to you https://us7.list-manage.com/survey?u=11cbe5261a1822d824fcfaca3&id=3dc83c9388.
Open positions include
- Communication lead
- Social media lead
- Social media lead
- TSN team coordination lead (support us internally)
- Events hosting when we hold events
- Team member
Internship Positions in ITDP Africa
ITDP is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion/creed, sex, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran or active military status, alienage or citizenship status, arrest or conviction record, credit history, salary history, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or partnership status, familial status, unemployment status, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual violence or any other status protected by applicable law
The tasks include:
The LC will be part of our Support Team, led by the Operations Manager (OM), providing support to staff in the Netherlands and abroad.
- Liaise with landlord regarding ‘’household affairs’’.
- Manage the budget for the office, which includes budget lines for rent, communications infrastructure, maintenance, insurances and office supplies.
- Be the liaison for office maintenance and the cleaning company.
- Oversee purchase and maintenance of equipment.
- In cooperation with the OM, liaise with the helpdesk for planning and evaluation of our ICT infrastructure, including the use of our NextCloud.
- Monitor, and initiate when appropriate, tools & systems for internal communication. to ensure cohesion of a team that is partially working remotely.
- Maintain an up-to-date calendar for internal meetings and events.
- Oversee volunteers and assist with responding to general inquiries.
- Support online meetings and webinars by assisting with the use of the software and arranging for interpretation.
- Coordinate translation of documents for the Biennial General Meeting.
- Ongoing research and selection of online meeting tools which meet FoEI’s requirements for security, affordability and user-friendliness (including bandwidth considerations).
- On the basis of an agreed event plan the LC Works with relevant FOEI International Secretariat staff, FOEI International Coordinators, and with the relevant FOE member group to ensure smooth implementation of events.
- Coordinate the delivery of agreed events to the standards/specifications, budgets and timelines agreed in the event plan and following FoEI administrative procedures (reimbursement rules, payment processes) and in some cases provide support on the ground at events.
- Communication with FOE member groups and their representatives as needed regarding logistical information in relation to events.
- Maintain lists of event participants, travel itineraries, accommodation, interpretation needs and costs.
- Provide support to event participants including visa arrangements, insurances, support in travel arrangements and registration for events.
- Assist with implementing health and safety policies and protocols related to FoEI events and travel.
- Give input on logistics in the evaluation of the events.
- Support FoEI staff with their travel needs: book tickets and accommodation and arrange visa.
- Ensure any relevant contact information is entered into the FoEI central database.
- Administrative tasks relevant to the position, e.g., writing manuals, archiving, ensuring event equipment availability and maintenance.
- 2 years' experience in organising international events.
- Excellent command, both spoken and written, of English and the ability to communicate in Spanish or French. Basic knowledge of Dutch is an advantage.
- Strong organisational skills and ability to respect deadlines.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong digital skills and experience with a variety of online tools.
- Experience with working in multi-cultural work environment.
- Affinity with FoEI's vision and mission.
- Permission to work in the EU.
What FoEI offers:
We offer an opportunity to contribute to a better world and work for an inspiring international and culturally diverse network in an office with a small friendly team at a great location in Amsterdam.
Full time salary between € 2,971. - and € 3,331 gross monthly. Participation in collective pension arrangement compulsory.
Contract duration: 12 months. After one year there will be an evaluation of the Job Description and the position will be re-assessed in the context of the global health situation by that time.
Please send your application to Wieke Wagenaar:
email address: vacancies[@]foei.org before before July 12, 2021 with ‘’Logistics Coordinator’’ in the title.
Interviews will be held in week 29 (first round) and week 30 (second round).
Friends of the Earth International is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity and inclusion are important values for FoEI. We encourage applications from people currently under-represented in the environmental justice movement.
FoEI follows the advice of the RIVM regarding the Corona virus. This is why the employees of FoEI are currently largely working from home. Our job interviews take place via video connections.
FoEI guarantees that we will handle your personal data with care. We will only use your personal data to process this application. In compliance with GDPR, we will keep your application in our protected files for a maximum of four weeks after the successful closure of this vacancy at which time the data will be destroyed, unless you give us permission to keep it longer.
Opportunities at the Global Alliance of NGO's for Road Safety
The Alliance is currently seeking the following to join our global team.
Head of Global Activities
The Global Alliance of NGOs for Road Safety is looking for a Head of Global Activities to ensure effective implementation of the Alliance mission, ensure coordination and alignment between Alliance activities and to work closely with NGOs in different regions to raise their voice to improve road safety and be responsible for the implementation of our Regional Chapter strategic plans. The Head of Global Activities will be part of the Alliance global team and work to ensure implementation of the Alliance vision and mission. Read more HERE.
Deadline for submission: 31 August 2021
The Alliance is looking for Program Assistants with different backgrounds and strengths to support the Alliance regional chapters and a wide range of the Alliance’s other activities, programs, and projects and to support efficient and quality based delivery of our mission. The program assistants will play an important role within the leading global network organization of NGOs and road safety issues. We need you to be proactive, organised, self-managing, and a team player, ready to take our regional and global work to the next level. We are looking for doers, who are quick learners with a positive mindset, interest in project coordination, research, communication, and fundraising. Read more HERE.
Deadline for submission: 26 August 2021