Find job oppportunities
An insight in your professional opportunities worldwide
Find job opportunities
Who is hiring and what kind of opportunities are available in the field of Transportation Sciences? Thinking about a professional career abroad?
Look no further! This community also offers you an insight in your professional opportunities in your area of expertise. Keep an eye on our feed!
Important notice regarding the course 'Internship'
The internship/traineeship opportunities listed here are assembled by students, alumni and other members of the TSN-platform. They offer alumni the chance of a (first) work experience or an opportunity for a student job next to your studies (e.g. during the summer months).
The listed traineeships/internships do not necessarily fit into the course Internship that is part of the curriculum of the Master of Transportation Sciences/master mobiliteitswetenschappen. They might not be suitable due to the content, the duration or the timing. Academic internships that are part of the curriculum need to take place during the defined internship period in the Fall semester and the topic needs to be suitable and approved before the deadline set by the internship coordinators. In case of doubt, you can ask the internship coordinators to check the suitability.
Transportation Sciences Network is Recruiting
The Transportation Sciences Network is recruiting new volunteer team members. These positions are unpaid but you will a receive a certificate that shows you worked with us. We're working on building the community and creating interesting events and opportunities for dialogue for members. We're looking for people passionate about transport who want to work with us. If this sounds like you get in touch! Fill out this form and we'll get back to you https://us7.list-manage.com/survey?u=11cbe5261a1822d824fcfaca3&id=3dc83c9388.
Open positions include
- Communication lead
- Social media lead
- Social media lead
- TSN team coordination lead (support us internally)
- Events hosting when we hold events
- Team member
Short-term positions at The World Bank
A list with short term opportunities at WB located in several countries of the world. Deadlines and selection criteria vary for each opening.
Road Safety Consultant for Latin America. This consultancy aims to provide road safety support in Latin America under BIGRS through a series of activities. Experience in providing capacity building to government agencies, with a focus on road safety; English and Spanish proficiency is mandatory. Respective link: https://wbappse.worldbank.org/gmsapps/WorldBankJobsWeb/pages/default.as…
Short-Term Consultancy, based in Bamako, Mali - Member of Geo-Enabling team for Monitoring and Supervision (GEMS) - Fluency in French as well as advanced GIS skills required. Respective link: https://wbappse.worldbank.org/gmsapps/WorldBankJobsWeb/pages/default.as…
For further detailed information and for other available vacancies click on the link below.
Sprint Transport is there for all your transport. From 1 box to 20 Euro pallets, from 1 kg to 9 tons. Both nationally and internationally. Specialized in distribution and just-in-time delivery. When things have to go fast, they like to sprint!
To facilitate the growth of the company, Sprint Transport is looking for a logistics planner.
- You preferably have a bachelor's degree in logistics, or you can already present some nice work experiences.
- You know the ins and outs of transport legislation
- You easily use your communication skills and you are systematic.
- You are resistant to stress: you respond quickly to unforeseen circumstances
You will find yourself in a customer-oriented, ambitious environment where personal development is central. In addition to a permanent contract, Sprint Transport offers a competitive salary, depending on the experience you already gained. Help write a growth story where you, as a planner, take on an important operational function.
Please see link below for more information:
Title: Multimodal data wrangling for Real-time IoT-based Urban Emergency Response Systems.
d-real seeks applications from talented graduates to join our exciting PhD training programme. As part of this application you will be asked to complete five sections:
- This section which includes your Personal Details
- Academic Track Record, including details of your Bachelor’s and (optionally) Master’s degrees
- Further Track Record, including details on other education, research achievements, technical skills/achievements and work experience
- Personal Statement, which allows you to describe your motivation for pursuing a PhD degree in digitally-enhanced reality (Max 3000 characters)
- PhD Topic Preferences, where you will be asked to rank your preferred PhD proposal(s). Details of available topics may be found here
Each student who is admitted to this programme will receive a full scholarship to undertake a four year structured PhD programme. This scholarship comprises full payment of university fees for four years and a tax-free stipend of €18,500 per annum for four years. In addition, a generous budget for conference travel, equipment, training, placement maintenance and publication costs is provided.
Click on the link below to get more information:
Intern - Botnar Safer Mobility for Youth, WRI India
WRI India, an independent charity legally registered as the India Resources Trust, provides objective information and practical proposals to foster environmentally sound and socially equitable development. WRI India’s mission is to move human society to live in ways that protect Earth’s environment and its capacity to provide for the needs and aspirations of current and future generations.
WRI India is looking for a candidate to assist in the delivery of the Safer Mobility for Youth project in Rohtak, Haryana.
The candidate will undertake and oversee specific responsibilities as are listed below:
- Coordinate outreach efforts on behalf of program/projects
- Coordination with the local administration, police, engineering departments, and other government offices/departments involved in road safety.
- Assist in primary data collection, compilation, analysis and visualization.
- Preparation of necessary drawings, reports, presentations, graphics, etc.
- Assistance in conducting surveys and other project activities with youth.
- Assistance in conducting community awareness, capacity building programs and workshops.
- Assistance in documentation of project activities with different stakeholders of the project.
- Assist the team in timely delivery of activities as outlined in the project.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 0-1 year of experience working in the field of Urban/Transport Planning or Urban Design or similar fields.
- Bachelors’ Degree (or higher) in Architecture or Planning and master’s degree (pursuing) in the field of Urban/Transport Planning or Urban Design.
- Proficiency in English and Hindi is a must. (Reading and Writing)
- Proficiency in MS Office and AutoCAD is must.
- Working knowledge of Adobe suite and GIS is preferred.
- General awareness of road safety will be preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are required.
Please click on the link below for further information:
Open PhD position-M Cube Project: City worth living in
The position is part of the M Cube Cluster , which is funded by the Clusters4Future initiative of the Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) . Numerous innovation projects (see project list ) are being carried out within this cluster , initially in the time frame 2021-2024. The Chair of Networked Transport Systems is working on the following three projects:
- City worth living in: Car-free neighborhoods thanks to multimodal mobility
- Cooperative traffic control for sustainable cities
- Full cost calculator for all forms of mobility
Applicants are expected to:
- Have very good German and English language skills (e.g. mother tongue, C1 of the Common European Framework of Reference, if German / English mother tongue is a degree in the other language, or have a similar qualification)
- have an M.Sc. degree in a relevant field (e.g. traffic engineering, data science, computer science, transport science)
- are enthusiastic about the research and are experienced in the application in the field of data-driven transport modeling , the analysis of new types of transport modes (e.g. car sharing) and the recording of transport behavior
- have strong analytical skills (e.g. statistics, data analysis) and at least initial programming skills ( e.g. Pyhton, Java)
- Have fun doing analytical research in a multicultural team
- are able to work independently and in a self-organized manner while adhering to deadlines
In addition to the points mentioned above, candidates must meet the admission requirements for a doctorate at TUM .
Smart, Active and Sustainable Micromobility’ PhD position
We are looking for candidates with a background in Urban Studies, Mobility Studies, Science & Technology Studies (STS), Sociology, Cultural Studies, Policy Studies, Human/Cultural/Historic Geography, Transport Studies, Planning, Sustainability Studies, Innovation Studies, or any other field with expertise relevant to the project.
The ideal advanced students for this program will have a strong, demonstrated capacity to undertake advanced study in technology- and policy-related fields, with a high level of accomplishment in their Master’s level study. More specifically, PhD candidates:
- hold a relevant Master’s degree (see details above).
- have good communication skills and command of written and spoken English
- are reliable, can work and deliver timely both independently and in a team, and have strong organisational skills and a pro-active work attitude
- ideally also have some Dutch language skills and, if basic, are willing to improve these
- are willing to collaborate with technology and engineering subject areas
Conditions of employment
- A full-time appointment for a period of 4 years at Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e). With an intermediate evaluation after nine months
- Gross monthly salary from € 2.395 (gross in the first year) to € 3.061 per month (last year).
- TU/e offers an additional 8% holiday allowance and 8,3% end-of-year bonus.
- An attractive package of fringe benefits, including a personal development program for PhD students (PROOF program), and excellent sport facilities.
- You are part of the TIS PhD community
We ask candidates to apply before the deadline of May 14.
Researcher Position at Qatar University (Transport Modeling)
Vacancy Advertisement for a Research Assistant in the Field of Transportation Planning at Qatar Transportation and Traffic Safety Center- Qatar University
Project: A Joint International Collaborative Research Project
Location of the position: Doha, Qatar
Department Name: Qatar Transportation and Traffic Safety Center (QTTSC) - College of Engineering, Qatar University
College/Department Profile: Qatar University Profile
Qatar University is the premier national institution of higher education in the country and, consequently, enjoys the enthusiastic support of its government and citizens. With vibrant undergraduate and emerging graduate programs, the University offers the widest array of academic and community outreach programs and research related to national needs and priorities. Qatar University has an international faculty dedicated to the education of its 15,000+ students and, increasingly, to building strong graduate programs and research capabilities with emphasis on addressing national and regional needs and priorities. The University is located in Doha, Qatar, a vibrant modern city that welcomes visitors and residents from around the globe.
Qatar University is based in Doha, Qatar, and the selected applicant is expected to be based there. Qatar University is a leading research institution in the Middle East, with 10 interdisciplinary research centers, over 133 research collaborations with leading institutions across the world.
For more on Qatar University, please visit http://www.qu.edu.qa/
For more on Qatar Transportation and Traffic Safety Center, please visit http://qttsc.qu.edu.qa/
For more on Doha, Qatar, please visit http://www.qatartourism.gov.qa/
College of Engineering Profile
Established in 1980, the College of Engineering offers degree programs in the fields of Architectural, Chemical, Civil, Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial and Systems, Computer Science and Computer Engineering with the primary goal of preparing Qatari engineers with outstanding scientific and technical competencies to enable them to participate and contribute in the various aspects of the country.
Qatar Transportation and Traffic Safety Center (QTTSC)
QTTSC was established in 2012 as a research entity in the State of Qatar that provides guidance and consultation to improve the safety, efficiency and sustainability of transportation and traffic for Qatar with a global presence. It fulfills the role of the university to advance knowledge and contribute to the needs and aspiration of the society with regards to the field of transportation and traffic safety.
Application Deadline: 30th June 2021
Position Category: Academic
Employment Type: Full-time
Anticipated Starting date: August 2021 (negotiable)
Position Term: 1 year (renewable up to 3 years - project life).
Duties and Responsibilities:
The applicant will be the main researcher responsible for running a joint International Project led by Qatar Transportation and Traffic Safety Center of Qatar University entitled “Development of a Mobility-as-a-Service (MaaS) Ecosystem with Qatar's Context”. The project is funded by Qatar Foundation National Priority Research Program.
Thus, the applicant shall be responsible for the implementation of the tasks including analysis of archived and online transportation-related data, machine learning, agent-based modeling, big data analytics, visualization, and predictive analytics as per the project proposal and the execution plan.
Candidates must have at least a master’s degree (MSc/MEng) in Transportation Engineering with at least 2-year working experience with a strong background in Transportation Modeling, and Programming skills.
The candidate must demonstrate:
- Hands on in Microsimulation Modelling, and Strategic Demand Modelling (PTV VISUM)
- Hands-on : data quality analysis, data cleansing and preparation, data manipulation, data visualization
- Evidence of active research, service, and scholarly activities.
- Record of peer-reviewed publication in high-impact journals. Following qualifications are considered as advantage:
- Experience in using GIS software such as ArcGIS, QGIS
Salary and benefits:
- An annual contract that can be renewed up to 3 years (project duration).
- Monthly Tax-free salary of 9000 QAR
- Monthly housing allowance of 5000 QAR.
- Annual round trip air ticket to home country in accordance with the QU HR policies.
- Private health care and health insurance in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Annual leave in accordance with QU HR policies.
How to Apply:
- Cover letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Any additional documentation that you feel is relevant to your application
- Sample publication
- Recommendation Letter
Please initially email your resume to email@example.com - Phone: +974- 4403 7406